HardwareBanter

-   -   Aquamark for 5600 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50815)

Lars A September 16th 03 08:19 PM

Aquamark for 5600

mobo ASUS P4C800-E
detonator 45.23
FX5600 not Ultra version

Sco 15499
CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
GFX: 1677

will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.

Lars A

Lars A September 16th 03 08:59 PM

And with 51.75 I got a 4.7% increase of FPS, a 5.3% increase of GFX per
second, but a 1.2% decrease in CPU.

Sco 16227 (CPU: 10007, GFX: 1767)

Lars A

Inglo September 17th 03 01:05 AM

On 9/16/2003 12:59 PM Lars A befouled our nation with:

"Lars A" skrev i meddelandet

mobo ASUS P4C800-E
detonator 45.23
FX5600 not Ultra version

Sco 15499
CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
GFX: 1677

will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.

Lars A

With my XP2500/GF3 Ti500 45.23, I get:
GFX sco 1581
CPU sco 4121

AquaMark sco 13066

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...unID=186478789

The GFX score difference between a FX 5600 and a two year old card is
only 90 pts. What exactly does that mean? Probably that I won't be
buying an FX 5600. The best Radeon 9600 (with approximately my
processor) scores seem to be pushing 30000 total.

--
Scientific American recently corrected an April news story that contended that, in one study, cloned pigs had variable numbers of teeth. In fact, they had variable numbers of teats.

Steve [Inglo]

Too_Much_Coffee ® September 17th 03 06:30 AM

m...

"Lars A" skrev i meddelandet

mobo ASUS P4C800-E
detonator 45.23
FX5600 not Ultra version

Sco 15499
CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
GFX: 1677

will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.

Lars A

With my XP2500/GF3 Ti500 45.23, I get:
GFX sco 1581
CPU sco 4121

AquaMark sco 13066

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...unID=186478789

The GFX score difference between a FX 5600 and a two year old card is
only 90 pts. What exactly does that mean? Probably that I won't be
buying an FX 5600. The best Radeon 9600 (with approximately my
processor) scores seem to be pushing 30000 total.

Back when I wanted to upgrade from a GF2MX, the best choice was the Ti4200
IMO. Today I think either the FX5600 Ultra or the ATI 9600 Pro would be the
best choice. For me now though the only upgrade choices, that I would be
pleased with, would be either the FX5900 Ultra or the ATI 9800 Pro; both are
WAAAAAAAY too expensive so I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

With a 2500+ @ 2.1GHz and a non-OC'd Ti4200, my AquaMark3 score was 18, 236.
According to the AM3 benchmark, a score of 20,000 is good. I can reach that
with a little OC.

My score is at the top: http://tinyurl.com/nful

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

Sith Lord September 20th 03 10:49 PM

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:19:24 +0200 in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, "Lars A" wrote:

mobo ASUS P4C800-E
detonator 45.23
FX5600 not Ultra version

Sco 15499