HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dual Core Compatibility (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=119550)

Harkhof February 8th 06 05:46 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

I'm looking at the 4400+ X2 and need to know if this cpu is compatible with
my
MSI MS-7025 (NEO2 Platinum). MSI's site shows that, as of BIOS version 1.9
(the 2nd latest), support was added for the AMD E6 cpu. Is the dual core in
the E6 family? Has anyone installed the 4400x2 in this board?

Thanks,

Hark

Bob Knowlden February 9th 06 02:56 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

If you go to www.amd.com, you'll find only two 4400+ models listed, both
with the E6 stepping.

I've not used an nForce3 mainboard, but I ran a 4400+ on a Via K8T800pro
board (Asus A8V) successfully. I've since moved it to an nForce 4 board, to
switch to a PCI-E graphics card.

dino February 9th 06 03:38 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...MS-7025&kind=1

try here...this is where I checked when I ordered my K8N Neo2-F..and 3700
San Diego...I just set the parameters for the Plat.

dino February 9th 06 03:41 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

also...sorry to double post but...I use this forum quite regularily too...
www.amdmb.com
there is a lot of stuff in there on our boards...and complaints so you may
be best to check there and see.

Harkhof February 10th 06 12:11 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

"dino" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...MS-7025&kind=1

try here...this is where I checked when I ordered my K8N Neo2-F..and 3700
San Diego...I just set the parameters for the Plat.

Thanks, Dino. It doesn't get any easier than that!

Hark

Harkhof February 10th 06 12:24 AM

Dual Core Compatibility

Thanks, Bob. I'm considering upgrading to PCI-E, as I need to buy a new
video card for a dell widescreen. Once again, I find myself experiencing the
"snowball effect", where one upgrade leads to another, and another, and...

Thanks again,
Hark

. ..