HardwareBanter

-   -   Ati or nVidia (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=114505)

[email protected] December 13th 05 12:28 PM

Ati or nVidia

Hey guys - simple question (I hope!) for you he

I've got about £40 to spend on a replacement graphics card as my
GeForce 2 has finally kicked the bucket. Pixel shading and Direct X 9
support seem pretty important so I want my new card ot have them.

Basically, which is the fastest out of the box card (I'm not interested
in any overclocking) at this price range by either nVidia or ATI

Cheers,

Matt

Thomas December 13th 05 02:37 PM

Ati or nVidia

wrote:
Hey guys - simple question (I hope!) for you he

I've got about £40 to spend on a replacement graphics card as my
GeForce 2 has finally kicked the bucket. Pixel shading and Direct X 9
support seem pretty important so I want my new card ot have them.

Basically, which is the fastest out of the box card (I'm not
interested in any overclocking) at this price range by either nVidia
or ATI

40$, thats like 60 euro's, right? Well, I'd recommend something like an Ati
9550 or 9600, for that price. Don't expect too much, though ;-)

--
Thomas