HardwareBanter

-   -   FX5600 two monitors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=103699)

Graham August 4th 05 05:36 PM

FX5600 two monitors

I want to use two monitors for MS Flight Simulator, can this be done with my
FX5600 card and if so what do I need?

Many thanks for any help!

Graham

[email protected] August 5th 05 05:06 PM

Does your card support twinview, I have an ultra version of that card
that does I am able to use it in dual monitor mode.

Some 5600 cards do not support that mode, also even if it does your
flight sim might be kinda slow, depends on what system you have with
it.

You can always add a pci video card for dual monitors, but then I don't
know what sim your going to use. Some do not like a seperate cards, if
they do the performance might be pretty bad.

Rthoreau

Graham August 6th 05 11:39 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does your card support twinview, I have an ultra version of that card
that does I am able to use it in dual monitor mode.

Some 5600 cards do not support that mode, also even if it does your
flight sim might be kinda slow, depends on what system you have with
it.

You can always add a pci video card for dual monitors, but then I don't
know what sim your going to use.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Not sure what you mean about 'what sim I am going to use', I said in my post
MS Flight Simulator, is that what you are asking about?

Second card, would that work? I have heard two video cards can cause
problems, would be very interested to hear from anyone who has got a nVidia
card to work alongside another.

I am worried about framerate and assume two monitors on the same card will
split the rate between each monitor?

Cheers

Graham