HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   LCD problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=136921)

dwaynebailey October 3rd 06 02:25 PM

LCD problem

I have a Compaq Evo n1020v. The display is very faint. There is
almost no contrast. You can see it a little better if you have it at
an extreme angle. I'm wondering if the whole display needs replaced
or if it may be an inverter board, or something much less expensive
to replace.

dwaynebailey October 4th 06 12:55 AM

LCD problem

Thanks for the info. Gives me a good place to start. I'll let you
know how it goes.

Davy October 4th 06 12:55 AM

LCD problem

Inverters do go they step up the 12V up to around 1.8KV (1,800V), I
guess it'd be the CCFL (Cold Cathode Flouresecnt Lamps) that require
replacement.

Some info here may help put you in the picture-:
http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~grit/backlight/ccft.html

Davy