HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Printer is driving me mad. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=165039)

zayin February 11th 08 09:09 PM

Printer is driving me mad.

Hi all,

I have a network printer which is driving me mad.
I can send print jobs to it, they get spooled but they don't print.
I thought at first I might be sending them to the wrong printer, but
when I switch the printer off I can no longer ping the address..

Is there a way of stopping the spooling being done on the print server
and done locally?
Does this make any sense?

It's a network printer which used to work when running from the
server, but once I brought the server offline and used a local machine
as the new print server it stopped.

smlunatick February 20th 08 04:14 PM

Printer is driving me mad.

On Feb 11, 4:09*pm, zayin wrote:
Hi all,

I have a network printer which is driving me mad.
I can send print jobs to it, they get spooled but they don't print.
I thought at first I might be sending them to the wrong printer, but
when I switch the printer off I can no longer ping the address..

Is there a way of stopping the spooling being done on the print server
and done locally?
Does this make any sense?

It's a network printer which used to work when running from the
server, but once I brought the server offline and used a local machine
as the new print server it stopped.

You need to check within the printer itself so as to see if the
network spooler system is enabled or not. Ping will always work but
network printing usually use different IP port protocol (LPR or HP NP
(9100))