HardwareBanter

-   -   FX5600 and multiple monitor dialog boxes - how can Nvidia stuff it up so bad? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50271)

derob August 18th 03 10:12 AM

FX5600 and multiple monitor dialog boxes - how can Nvidia stuff it up so bad?

Well, AFAIK with the new drivers there are two ways to setup two (multiple
?) displays: via nVidia nView display mode, I guess that is what you did. In
this case the nVidia driver doesn't tell XP that it has two displays active,
it just reports the larger resolution. So, XP still sees one logical
display...
This causes the behaviour as you sketched.

The other way is to right click on your desktop, select properties, select
settings, and select (mm, currently running a Dutch language version so I
don't know for sure what the English version would call it) 'extend desktop
to second display' or something like that. Now XP does the job, and it knows
it has two screens. (Also try this when you have select two screens via the
first method, and see what display 1 looks like...)

Greetz,

Derob

"RayM" schreef in bericht
u...

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this problem?
I have gone from a Matrox G450 dual monitor setup, where I could stretch

an
application across both screens and have an active window in each

monitor.
The dialog boxes relating to that active window come up in the middle of
that individual window.
Also, the Windows logon screen always came up in the 1st active monitor.

This new card is set up 2560 by 1024.
With this new card, the Windows logon screen comes up split across the two
monitors, and so do most dialog boxes.
In the NView display mode, it is set for horizontal span, and in the

desktop
manager, windows tab, I have enabled window spanning, dialog box
repositioning makes no effect.
Can anybody help please.

Thanks
Ray Merrick

remove knickers to reply

RayM August 18th 03 11:15 PM

So yesterday afternoon the local shop suggested that i uninstall the Winfox
application. So I did, and part way through it says "Are you really sure you
want to remove these critical system files?". "Yes or no".
So the question is "am I sure?". Not "do I want to". That is already been
assumed...
Answer yes and you know what will happen - kaput.
Answer no and it assumes you are not sure and removes them anyway.
So complete reinstall of win2k and all programs. Not happy......

Anyway.
Its under the GeForce FX5600 tab and its called "Enable Dualview (treat
multiple outputs on.... card as separate display devices)"
Reboot twice.
Yes ! Seems to be right. Wish the manual that came with the card was correct
and up to date.
Leadtek A310TD MyVivo.

Thanks
Ray