HardwareBanter

-   -   NVTV (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=104949)

[email protected] August 20th 05 12:56 AM

NVTV

Hey all,

Does NVTV support Composite yellow-red-white (video-right-left), or
only the composite yellow (video)?

deimos August 20th 05 05:19 AM

wrote:
Hey all,

Does NVTV support Composite yellow-red-white (video-right-left), or
only the composite yellow (video)?

I think you might be confused. The yellow/red/white cable is a standard
av-cable (aka. rca jacks). It's a composite video on a single wire
(yellow), and one wire for each audio channel (red/white).

If your VIVO dongle doesn't have audio input (I'm not familiar with
them), then you'll need a simple rca-to-minijack (3.5mm) converter from
any audio hardware store, then run it to you soundcard line in.

On the other hand there's component input which is (forgive me if I get
this wrong) YPbCr. That separates the chroma and luma and allows for a
progressive scan (HDTV 480p, progressive DVD, etc). Those are Red,
Green, and Blue. I've seen an ATI AIW card that has that input (I
think). Not sure about personal cinema.

[email protected] August 20th 05 11:16 AM

Deimos,

I'm currently connecting the audio channels through an rca-to-minijack
converter, and the composite wire to the VIVO.

The reason I'm asking the question is that I want to use NVTV with MCE,
and I want the program to be able to control the volume and record with
the audio. So if I connect it directly to line in, maybe MCE won't be
able to get the audio signal from there.

Sharanga Dayananda August 20th 05 12:12 PM

Here's a review of the single tuner NVTV:

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...X3BhZ2U9Mg= =

As you can see it has an antenna in, 3.5 mini-jack (audio in) and an S-Video
in.

So you'll have to use an rca to mini-jack connector. Since this is a
hardware encoder, you need to connect the audio directly to the NVTV card
and not to your soundcard.

This card produces an MPEG-2 video file ( including audio) directly without
needing any other hardware. So everything needs to be connected to this card
directly. You'll be able to control the volume directly with MCE as well as
everything else.

Note if yer connecting to an external STB, you'll need an IR blaster or
something ( that works with MCE ) so that you can change channels with the
MCE remote on the set top box. Normally one of these come with the MCE
remote pack.

ups.com...

[email protected] August 20th 05 01:50 PM

So there is no composite cable?