HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Remove IE and OE? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=19048)

Steve February 7th 04 06:47 PM

Remove IE and OE?

I'd dearly love to get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
I know there's a software product that does the job, but I don't want to
pay that much out. Can it be done manually?
Cheers.

Will Dormann February 7th 04 06:48 PM

Steve wrote:

I'd dearly love to get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
I know there's a software product that does the job, but I don't want to
pay that much out. Can it be done manually?

How about just not using them? Would be less hassle than ripping them
out.

-WD

Greg Berchin February 7th 04 08:49 PM

http://www.litepc.com/

Steve February 7th 04 09:25 PM

Greg Berchin wrote:

http://www.litepc.com/

Thanks, but they are the seller of the software I mentioned.

Greg Berchin February 8th 04 01:51 AM

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:25:37 +0000, Steve
wrote:

Thanks, but they are the seller of the software I mentioned.

They have free demo software. I don't know whether the demo
includes removal of OE and/or IE, but it might be worth a try.

Stacey February 8th 04 05:04 AM

Steve wrote:

I'd dearly love to get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
I know there's a software product that does the job, but I don't want to
pay that much out. Can it be done manually?

LOL gota love having to -pay- to be able to remove software!
--

Stacey

Big Giblets February 8th 04 09:57 AM

XP-antispy which was at
http://www.xp-antispy.de/
Can be used to get rid of the most offending features.

Steve February 8th 04 11:51 AM

Big Giblets wrote:

XP-antispy which was at
http://www.xp-antispy.de/
Can be used to get rid of the most offending features.

I'll check that out, thanks.

Steve February 8th 04 11:53 AM

Stacey wrote:

Steve wrote:

I'd dearly love to get rid of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
I know there's a software product that does the job, but I don't want to
pay that much out. Can it be done manually?

LOL gota love having to -pay- to be able to remove software!

Yep, that's how bad it is.