HardwareBanter

-   -   PNY Quadro4 NVS drivers? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54839)

Dave Ryman August 12th 04 02:30 PM

PNY Quadro4 NVS drivers?

Hi,
I recently bought an nVIDIA Quadro4 NVS 400 (PCI) by PNY
technologies. £20 new - I think it's a bargain.

I'm using Windows XP, and the card works using the standard
SafeVGA driver within Windows XP.

However, I've been trying to install the correct drivers for this
graphics card, and can only manage the minimum resolution with the
nVIDIA driver installed. If I go through the process of installing the
card on Windows XP ("Found new hardware..."), before or after running
the setup.exe file, my PC just crashes the moment I try to change any
display characteristics (or hangs, hard to tell which).

I've tried nVIDIA drivers versions 56.72 and 61.76 (from the
internet), as well as 44.03 and 44.71 (both on the supplied installation
disk). When I try and set up the hardware on windows, it identifies the
card as "NVIDIA Quadro NVS".

I'm at my wits end on this one. Any help would be a godsend!

--
Regards,
Dave

http://welcome.to/daves.website