HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Windows SP4 for Windows 2000 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=20171)

Moderately Confused June 7th 04 04:40 AM

Windows SP4 for Windows 2000

I've recently done a clean install of Windows 2000 and have been having a
hard time with installing service pack 4. When I install it and restart, I
end up not having an internet connection and no matter what I do, I can't
get online. I've got cable, so I'm always online. On my last Windows
setup, I installed all the service packs without any problems. Is this a
common problem?

Thanks,

MC

Jim Holcomb June 7th 04 01:00 PM

On 2004-06-07, Moderately Confused moderatelyconfused@Y wrote:
I've recently done a clean install of Windows 2000 and have been having a
hard time with installing service pack 4. When I install it and restart, I
end up not having an internet connection and no matter what I do, I can't
get online. I've got cable, so I'm always online. On my last Windows
setup, I installed all the service packs without any problems. Is this a
common problem?

Thanks,

MC

Don't know if this is your problem but I have a flakey Linksys router
that won't work at 100Mbps, but works fine at 10Mbps. Try looking at
the properties on your NIC, click configure, go to the advanced tab
and try changing it from the default to 10Mbps half or full duplex.

It might be called connection type, media type, or something else.

Jim