HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Want to upgrade my Prolinea 590 to fastest CPU (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59713)

PublicNews December 11th 03 05:12 PM

Want to upgrade my Prolinea 590 to fastest CPU

I have a Compaq Prolinea 590 Desktop PC that I'd like to upgrade my Pentium
1 CPU from only 120MHz to whatever the fastest speed this model can support.
I have already upgraded the BIOS to the latest version. Can someone please
tell me the fastest speed CPU this model can handle?

Can someone also send me a link to the spec. sheet and tech. info. of this
model?

Or is it worth while to upgrade using a PowerLeap module, and which one
should I use? I'd like to minimize the investment into this legacy machine
as little as possible.

Thanks.

NuT CrAcKeR December 11th 03 08:10 PM

Look for an Evergreen Spectra 400 Upgrade. It uses an AMD K6-III processor.
Should just drop right in.

it will get you to either 400Mhz, or 366 (depending on system bus speed).
You should be able to find it on eBay easily enough. I put one in an old
Prosignia 500 server (originally a P90) and it was great.

LC

.. .