HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Upgrade? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=16231)

ranmcc October 6th 03 12:33 AM

Upgrade?

I built two computers acouple of years ago. Is there anyway to
upgrade to a new motherboard and still use the old AT Enlight Cases?

If so what motherboard would be good? Best economy deal?

bluestringer October 6th 03 01:55 AM

"ranmcc" wrote in message
om...
I built two computers acouple of years ago. Is there anyway to
upgrade to a new motherboard and still use the old AT Enlight Cases?

If so what motherboard would be good? Best economy deal?

Not if they are AT power supplies. Most new boards use ATX.

DaveW October 7th 03 12:38 AM

Motherboards are now ATX. Mounting screws won't line up.

--
DaveW

om...

Gary Tait October 7th 03 02:26 PM

Whereas On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 23:38:34 GMT, "DaveW"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
Motherboards are now ATX. Mounting screws won't line up.

Mor important, the back plate is entirely different (you will have to
do quite a bit of metal work to make an AT case fit an ATX Mobo).
Plus, you'd have to swap the PSU, and modify the power switch.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat