HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Internet Connection via NIC/Cable modem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1804)

young October 20th 03 06:46 PM

Internet Connection via NIC/Cable modem

I have an ASUS P4S8X mother board with an onboard NIC jack. The jack
supports 10Mbps and 100Mbps. Starting yesterday whenever I connect to
the net the little two monitor icon indicates that the connection is
at 10Mbps. Prior to Sunday I usually viewed the connection as
100Mbps. Has something gone wrong with the NIC RJ45 onboard
jack/chip(s)? Does anyone have a small utility that I could employ to
test if this is now a hardware problem and how to remedy.

Please post suggestions and a utility if you have zipped. I am
running Windows2K Pro.

TIA

Andy Foster October 20th 03 07:33 PM

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:46:56 -0700, young wrote:

I have an ASUS P4S8X mother board with an onboard NIC jack. The jack
supports 10Mbps and 100Mbps. Starting yesterday whenever I connect to the
net the little two monitor icon indicates that the connection is at
10Mbps. Prior to Sunday I usually viewed the connection as 100Mbps. Has
something gone wrong with the NIC RJ45 onboard jack/chip(s)? Does anyone
have a small utility that I could employ to test if this is now a hardware
problem and how to remedy.

Please post suggestions and a utility if you have zipped. I am running
Windows2K Pro.

TIA

Ethernet cable modems use 10Mbit/s.
Don't ask for files to be uploaded to non-binary newsgroups