HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   "true life" vs. "anti-glare" of Vostro 1500: What are the brightness & contrast ratios??? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=167361)

Thomas G. Marshall April 11th 08 10:23 PM

"true life" vs. "anti-glare" of Vostro 1500: What are the brightness & contrast ratios???

Ok, the display specifications on the dell website irritate me a little.
The specifications for the vostro displays does not show the brightness and
contrast rations between the WXGA and the WXGA w/ true life.

The WXGA (no true life) is an anti-glare screen with the same viewing
angles. So all that remains is the brightness/C-ratio, which would trump
reflectivity issues if they are substantially higher with the true life.

Where do I find the brightness/contrast ratio specs?

Brian K April 11th 08 10:47 PM

"true life" vs. "anti-glare" of Vostro 1500: What are the brightness & contrast ratios???

Good question. Reflection is a MAJOR problem for me. I'm using a non
TrueLife desktop and laptop and I'm pleased. But I agree TrueLife screens
look "brighter".