HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Raedon 9200SE DVI problem on P4P800SE (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=35664)

[email protected] December 13th 04 01:46 PM

Raedon 9200SE DVI problem on P4P800SE

Hi All,

I just build my new system with following:
Motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE (I865-PE)
Graphics: Rosewill Raedon 9200SE 128MB
CPU: Intel P4 3.0C
Memory: Crosair PC3200 512Mx2

My problem is: when using DVI-out of 9200SE, system randomly hang up at
boot up time -- After Windows welcome screen, it goes to black screen,
no mouse, no login, and stuck there. I can still ping that machine,
however, can not get video signal.

If I use D-sub out, there has never been a problem.

Besides, if I move this card to an old machine (P4 1.5GHz, Dell), it
runs fine on both DVI and D-sub.

Is there any settings in BIOS/Motherboard/Windows XP can solve this
problem?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

peter December 15th 04 03:36 AM

This used to happen to me with the older Radeon drivers but stopped at about
version 4.01
I used to plug both digital and analog cable into the monitor and this bypassed
that little problem.
In the ATI control panel it would show 2 monitors and i had the digital
connection set as the default.
peter
ups.com...