HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Epson C63/ C65 Problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=97189)

stephenwong May 13th 05 10:45 AM

Epson C63/ C65 Problem

We use several dozen of Epsn C63 / C65 printer in the office under W2K
or WXP.

However, there are many users reported that there is usually in trouble
when print to C63 / C65. The error message is "Insufficient spce /
Resource" (something like that). They are always unable to print or
only print 1 or 2 pages and then stop. They have to print 3 times for
print a 3 pages document ?!

I have confirmed that user's PC has sufficient disk space and the spool
setting is in a disk with sufficient space.

We have also the Epson C60 printer but it seems it runs very smooth.

Do you guys have similar experience and could you advise how to solve ?

million thanks !!

[email protected] May 13th 05 11:46 PM

check with your system resource - like memory, virtual memory.
does it happen all the time? have you ever tried to reboot your
computer?

stephenwong May 14th 05 04:54 AM

Yes, I have checked all related resource and even reboot the computer.

It seems that the problem is due to the software driver. It is because
whenever I plugged another printer (say Epson C60) and it runs very
well without problem !!

Besides, there are not only 1 or 2 PC experiencing this problem. In
fact, around 80% of PC using C63 /C65 who facing the same problem.

Any suggestion ?

Tim S. May 14th 05 04:38 PM

stephenwong wrote:
We use several dozen of Epsn C63 / C65 printer in the office under W2K
or WXP.

However, there are many users reported that there is usually in trouble
when print to C63 / C65. The error message is "Insufficient spce /
Resource" (something like that). They are always unable to print or
only print 1 or 2 pages and then stop. They have to print 3 times for
print a 3 pages document ?!

I have confirmed that user's PC has sufficient disk space and the spool
setting is in a disk with sufficient space.

We have also the Epson C60 printer but it seems it runs very smooth.

Do you guys have similar experience and could you advise how to solve ?

million thanks !!

Change where your printer spools to a different drive and also change
the size of the spool file size.....

Tim

stephenwong May 17th 05 07:44 AM

how to change the spool size ?

tks

Arthur Entlich May 17th 05 10:19 AM

You need to tell us a bit more, like what kind of computer you are using
(PC or MAc) what OS you are using (Win 95,ME,98,XP or OS 9, OS X, Tiger,
etc.) .

Do you know where your print spooling is currently maintained (which
drive or folder)?

In general, the spool size is variable depending upon the printer's need
for that particular file, but it is limited by hard drive space or, in
some cases contiguous hard drive space (that space that is not
fragmented). It is often a good idea to keep your spool on a disk
partition that is not used for Photoshop scratch disk or other virtual
memory and to keep in defragged regularly to make sure it is contiguous.

Art

stephenwong wrote:

how to change the spool size ?

tks

stephenwong May 20th 05 04:27 AM

Hi, all users with Epson C63/C65 Printer are using Win2000 or WinXP.

We have also checked with the spool location and we can confirmed that
the location is in a disk with sufficient disk space.

For example, a PC with only 1 disk with 20G free disk space. However,
user may also report error about "Insuffient Resource" whenever he
print a only 3 pages simple text document !?

Arthur Entlich May 21st 05 02:51 PM

Insufficient Resource may be referring to something other than disk
space for the spooling of the image. May be a memory problem, or other
resource that is getting too low.

Art

stephenwong May 25th 05 07:50 AM

how to fix ?? Any ideas ??

thx

Arthur Entlich May 25th 05 03:35 PM

I'm afraid you are going to have to be a lot more specific. What is the
problem with your printer, exactly?

Art

stephenwong wrote:

how to fix ?? Any ideas ??