PDA

View Full Version : Darla Problem

Stefano
December 26th 04, 03:11 PM
Hi, I have a Darla (20 bit) and in my new pc: motherboard Asus P5GD1
(chipset i915P) and Pentium 4 540.
i have great audio problem: audio is slow and distort

can you help me?

sorry for my english!!!

Minderbinder
December 28th 04, 04:59 AM
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:12:09 +0000, Stefano wrote:

> Hi, I have a Darla (20 bit) and in my new pc: motherboard Asus P5GD1
> (chipset i915P) and Pentium 4 540.
> i have great audio problem: audio is slow and distort
>
> can you help me?
>
> sorry for my english!!!

Your card seems to be quite old (1999 or earlier) - are you trying to use
it with Windows XP? The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to make
sure that you have the most recent drivers installed from your
manufacturer. You can find them at the bottom of this page:
http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php

Cheers,
Minderbinder.

NielsB
January 8th 05, 01:16 AM
I have two Layla 20, also from echoaudio.com, and the same mobo.
I have the exact same problem. I have tried WinXP SP1, SP2, with and
without ACPI.

The latest drivers for my card are quite new, and the card's are also PCI
2.1 compliant.

My guess is that on boards with both PCI-E and PCI, the oldstyle PCI is
not 100% compatible.

My cards have been working perfectly on both MSI KT3Ultra2/AMD XP2400+ and
Asus P3b/PIII 933 boards

Niels Bachmann