PDA

View Full Version : Intellistation Z-Pro soundcard

Kamus of Kadizhar
December 19th 04, 10:00 AM
I dug up an old Intellistation Z-Pro I've had laying around for a bunch of
years.... I think it dates back to 1997 or so. It's a P-Pro SMP box. I
stuffed it full of ram, installed Fedora Core 2 (a flavor of linux) and it
booted right up.

Except for the soundcard. It has three sound connections in the back, the
bios says sound is enabled, but FC says no sound cards detected.

ISTR that IBM had some weird sound chip in these boxes, but I have no docs
at all on this one.

Anyone still have one of these running and can tell me what the sound
chip is on these?

The IBM type number is 6899 and the model nubmer is 10U, if that helps. It
was manufactured in 97.

TIA,

--Kamus

--
o |
o__ >[] | A roadie who doesn't ride a mountain bike has no soul.