PDA

View Full Version : problem with sound playback under windows xp pro

name
December 18th 04, 05:19 AM
Hello.

Somehow I'm baffled by a mysterious problem with sound playback under
windows xp pro.
I suspect it's related to the driver and it's probably a
software-related issue, but I'm puzzled how
to resolve it. The problem is that when I play mono sound files, I
barely hear anything. As soon
as I shift the balance (either left or right) however, sound comes
back. Stereo files do play at the
regular volume level but fairly distorted.
I have an integrated sound card, Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio
Controller.
Removing the hardware under windows xp pro (which means windows
automatically installs it
again) doesn't seem to help.
Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue, kind regards, Niek

L David Matheny
December 19th 04, 02:06 AM
"name" > wrote in message om...
> Hello.
>
> Somehow I'm baffled by a mysterious problem with sound playback
> under windows xp pro.
> I suspect it's related to the driver and it's probably a
> software-related issue, but I'm puzzled how
> to resolve it. The problem is that when I play mono sound files,
> I barely hear anything. As soon
> as I shift the balance (either left or right) however, sound comes
> back. Stereo files do play at the
> regular volume level but fairly distorted.
> I have an integrated sound card, Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio
> Controller.
> Removing the hardware under windows xp pro (which means
> windows automatically installs it
> again) doesn't seem to help.
> Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue, kind regards, Niek

Sounds like one channel's phase is being reversed somehow.
For mono sound files, the two channels would then sum to zero.
Stereo sound files would sound "phasey", with poor imaging.

Kadaitcha Man
December 19th 04, 02:13 AM
L David Matheny, >, the screaky, sneaking market
researcher, and employee who makes and sells cheap beehives, delivered:

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! 24hour****up.idiotdesk material.

--
Conversations with ****wits:
COLA Quality Control Comittee: "Ouch.**20MB*Ram?**486*maybe?"