PDA

View Full Version : Creative Audigy 2 & VIA KM266 Motherboard?

Andy Smith
November 7th 04, 08:02 PM
I am running Windows98 SE, IE6 on a Athlon 2000+, VIA KM266 Chipset
based motherboard and 256MB RAM.

Will Creative Audigy 2 run without any problems on my system? I have
heard that Creative soundcards don't go very well with a VIA
Moherboard.

Andy Smith

B. Peg
November 8th 04, 04:04 AM
Dunno why they wouldn't. My Shuttle motherboard has a Via chipset and the
Audigy 2 Platinum model is working fine. Couldn't believe how much better
sound came out of that card than the old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz that was in
it prior. Really is a remarkable difference with the 3.1 speakers I have.
I would like to try their upscale 7.1 speakers someday when I get a spare
$500 to try them.

B~