PDA

View Full Version : Creative Platinum vs Non-Platinum

Kevin Waugh
September 30th 04, 10:47 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Creative Platinum and
non-platinum versions of the Audigy 2?

Reason - I've got a Audigy 2 Platinum and a 6.1 speaker set (came as a
bundle a few years back)
I'm having problems with the soundcard (loose/broken connection somewhere
which pressure on the board improves/exacerbates) and it looks like I'll
need to replace it.

Problem is the 6.1 Audigy 2 are hard to come by (replaced by 7.1 ZS, etc
versions) - also buying the Platinum version seems overkill if all the
difference is the front panel/remote control (which are both ok on the one
I've already got).

Basically if I can get a non-Platinum version will it just cable into the
front panel - or is it not that simple? Or should I bite the bullet, dump
the 6.1 card and speaker set and upgrade to 7.1?
(and I suppose even then the question of a 7.1 non-Platinum hooking into the
existing front panel would be worth asking).

Cheers for any pointer on this one
Kevin

( I like listening to them, I hate needing to know the technology :-) )

Kevin Waugh
October 4th 04, 03:46 PM
Just to answer my own question - in case anyone is facing the same problem.

From what I can find on the creative website and other discussion areas -
the Non-platinum board includes the connectivity for the "Audigy 2 Internal
Panel" it's referred to as an "upgrade" on the detailed specifications of
the Audigy 2.

If I have any problems (when I eventually get hold of a replacement board)
will post here.

Kevin