PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, Bitten by the audio bug

jmvcq
August 6th 04, 04:15 AM
Hello there,

I've recently got bitten by the audio bug, and am looking for
suggestions and recommendations to get up to speed.

My main interest is music rather than games, especially classical music.
As my first project I am looking toward copying all my LP's on the HD.
I would like to be able to capture all the quality available from LPs
that are (most of them) in good shape. My cartridge, turntable, and
preamp should be good enough. My MOBO is a Soyo Dragon 400 Platinum,
sporting the C-Media CMI8738-MX chipset. I am looking for a fairly good
sound card under $100, possibly the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 ($89 at
Newegg). Will that do? Or would something else be preferable?

This will be my first sound card, so I'll be grateful for any input
from you folks, with much more experience than I have (zero).

Also, what are some good web sites to bone up on audio stuff? And can
you suggest some books to do the same?