PDA

View Full Version : LiveDrive! Technical Help Needed

hukuis
July 23rd 04, 02:16 AM
About a year ago I purchased a LiveDrive! for use with my original
SoundBlaster Live! card. While moving recently, it was in a box with
something heavier on top and one of the transistors was broken. It is
the transistor closest to the Line In 2/Mic 2 connector on the PCB.
Does anyone know what sort of transistor this is and where I could buy
one? I would rather not throw away this otherwise perfectly good
piece of equipment. I have not tested to see if it works, but I am
assuming that something like a broken transistor would render it
useless.
Thanks,
-Hukuis

Crimson Liar
July 23rd 04, 09:58 PM
I would suggest you take the card to a local TV repair shop (one that does
their own repairs). They are likly to be able to identify the broken
component, repair it, and not charge you a small fortune in the process.

CrimsonLiar

"hukuis" > wrote in message
om...
> About a year ago I purchased a LiveDrive! for use with my original
> SoundBlaster Live! card. While moving recently, it was in a box with
> something heavier on top and one of the transistors was broken. It is
> the transistor closest to the Line In 2/Mic 2 connector on the PCB.
> Does anyone know what sort of transistor this is and where I could buy
> one? I would rather not throw away this otherwise perfectly good
> piece of equipment. I have not tested to see if it works, but I am
> assuming that something like a broken transistor would render it
> useless.
> Thanks,
> -Hukuis

hukuis
July 24th 04, 02:46 PM
If it is at all possible, I would rather do the work myself instead of
paying for it. Does anyone have a technical diagram with the specific
transistors and resistors labeled?
Thanks,
-Hukuis