PDA

View Full Version : sound/vol icon in system tray??

golf nut
July 4th 04, 03:29 PM
i have recently re-installed a fresh copy of XP Pro and i seem to have
a small issue...when starting up my sound/volume icon does not always
show up in the system tray. there is a another icon that does not
always show up that is associated with my printer.

anyone had this problem?? after started i can go in a see that the
"show icon in sys tray" option is checked. i can uncheck it and
re-check it and it then shows up.

thoughts?? thanks in advance!
tw

CrimsonLiar
July 4th 04, 04:45 PM
This is an odd problem and you are certainly not in a unique position,
somewhere on MSDN there is an article about this, I've seen it before but
cant find it now... Anyhow the usual cause, if i remember correctly is
running a non-XP compatible program at start up, usually something that has
to load an event monitor such as a fax program or the like (PagisPro Me for
example).

Crimson Liar