PDA

View Full Version : Music while I work - problem

September 27th 03, 12:47 PM
This may be 'off-topic' to you guys, but since I don't inderstand much about
audio stuff I wouldn't know. So apologies if this is the wrong place and,
without flaming me, please point me in the right direction. Here's my
problem:

I have on-board sound, ie not a separate sound card. I don't do anything
special except listen to CDs whilst I work. Then I bought a gizmo which was
meant to allow me to suck video off tape and stick it on CD (can't remember
the proper term, but I'm sure you know what I mean!). It turned out not to
be compatible with Win 2000, so I uninstalled it the very same day.

Since then, whenever I play a CD its fine so long as I don't do anything
else - just moving the mouse causes blips in the sound, and dragging a
window causes it to miss bits. It sounds a bit like mobile phone with bad
reception. I just upgraded to a USB printer and when it prints, the sound
virtually dies and isn't worth listening to. Plus, when playing a CD,
printing takes far longer. It used to make no difference at all.

So, can anyone suggest what might have been changed and what I should do to
put it right? Don't say re-install Windows again!

Thanks in advance.

--
KM