PDA

View Full Version : CMI (HT)8738AM/PCI Sound and Windows 2000 win2k

DarylHott
September 16th 03, 09:46 AM
Im using Windows 2000 Pro and have the CMI HT8738AM/PCI sound chip on
my motherboard. I have searched all over the net for a driver that
actually works (I have one that semi works which I downloaded directly
from CMI). I am getting an annoying clipping sound when I play back
any music at all. I have read many other comments without any reslove,
but did come accross others who have or had the same problem. Some of
you suggested to force the NT driver, which I tried, and my system
wont take it. Any other suggestions??? I know there is a driver out
there.... :) Thanks

Daryl