PDA

View Full Version : ES Solo 1 + DOS

Martin Brunner
August 2nd 03, 03:20 PM
I have problems installing the Driver vor the ES-Solo 1 (1938) for dos.
It is possible to load the Essoly.sys in the config.sys. But the
essolo.com always says something like "use your windows application". So
it's only thought for using it within the windows console.

Although the Text-File coming with the driver said "The included files
are intended to enable sound support on JUMPtec boards using the ES1938
PCI sound chip for a pure (no Windows 9x present) DOS environment."

Any ideas what I can do?

ccarlos
August 20th 03, 08:04 AM
Hi, the ESS chip is soundblaster compatible. This is similar to other
soundcards. So your software must just using the soundblaster output.
On the littleMonster with the same soundchip this works great. (Some
old software like Quake is working on DOS and is using the
soundblaster output; just to test ist).

regards
ccarlos

Martin Brunner
August 20th 03, 11:14 AM
ccarlos schrieb:

>Hi, the ESS chip is soundblaster compatible. This is similar to other
>soundcards. So your software must just using the soundblaster output.
>On the littleMonster with the same soundchip this works great. (Some
>old software like Quake is working on DOS and is using the
>soundblaster output; just to test ist).

Thanks.

I solved the Problem: You only have to load the essolo.com and NOT the
essolo.sys. And for changing the recources I had to install a Win 3.1
driver because there doesn't seem to be any DOS-Tool. :-(