PDA

View Full Version : Advance 97 problems....

Bryan Anderson
June 26th 03, 06:54 PM
I have an eMachines 190 PC - Intel IM845GL Motherboard with on-board
Advance 97 sound. The problem I have is a constant hiss - when there
is no sound playing then the hiss is there and it is also annoying in
quiet pieces of music.

It's not the speakers at they sound fine on another PC (and they are
new and a replacement for others that sounded the same on this PC),
so I imagine that it's the soundcard.

Questions - is it likely that an updated driver might help? Problem
is, I can't see an updated driver anywhere.

Would a cheap PCI soundcard be a better bet? And if so, would putting
on in automatically disable the on-board sound?

Any help would be good,

Bryan Anderson >