PDA

View Full Version : Video Cature Card Recomendations

David Gerard
December 7th 03, 05:08 PM
Hello There,...I'm looking for any info any of you may have about video
capture cards. Before I spring for some product I'll hate next week I'd like
to pick your collective brains. Looking at Osprey 220 or Videum AV PCI
card..but don't know if there is any advantage to going with the higher
priced cards or can I get by with just any generic video card? Any of you
have any praise or complaints about these cards? I'm using S-vid to USB
adapter now but am looking for increased frame rate for a new Dell P4 I"m
installing to act as a server for streaming video.
Thanks Much,
David Gerard

SLayER
December 8th 03, 06:18 AM
i suppose any of the mid range cards will suffice.....

the one i use at the moment for camcorder surveilance system is a leadtek
basic tv card....

i think it cost only £30 but it does what i need quite well...

sometimes i use this card for the webam too........

regards slayer