PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install Logitech QuickCam USB

PJ The Womble
December 7th 03, 02:48 AM
Hi

For some reason, my brother's QuickCam USB has stopped being recognised.
He's re-installed XP, the QuickCam 5.0.1 software.. the lot. Still nothing.

When the QuickCam software asks that we plug in the camera, it doesn't
recognise that there is anything at all on the USB port. Windows doesn't
even recognise that there is a device on the port - and there is no driver
listed for it in the system settings.

I run the same cam, same OS etc on my own PC. His cam works fine on my PC,
mine doesn't work on his. His USB port is working properly - when I plug my
scanner into his USB port, it recognises the hardware and reports it.

I know that the Logitech software tries to install BackWeb Lite, which
SpyBot signals as being "malware" - has anyone found similar issues with
anti-spybot software perhaps?

I wondered if there might be a Windows update which would fix this problem -
but WindowsUpdate.com seems to have been unavailable all day from here.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this one, please? It's getting vaguely
annoying, to be honest :-)

Thanks in anticipation!

PJ