PDA

View Full Version : Video Chat software

Derek
December 5th 03, 02:05 AM
I am trying to find software that allows me to video chat with another
individual with a cable modem. Most of the software I have found requires
that certain ports be opened up. To my knowledge this can't be done for a
cable connection.

I've tried MSN messenger, but the video rate is aweful. I've tried
BuddyVision, which is much better, but the program crashes on me every other
day. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

This has to be an easy fix, since half of broadband users have cable modems,
but I can't find anything :-/

Noël
December 5th 03, 09:14 AM
"Derek" > wrote in message
ink.net...
| I am trying to find software that allows me to video chat with another
| individual with a cable modem. Most of the software I have found requires
| that certain ports be opened up. To my knowledge this can't be done for a
| cable connection.
|
| I've tried MSN messenger, but the video rate is aweful. I've tried
| BuddyVision, which is much better, but the program crashes on me every
other
| day. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
|
| This has to be an easy fix, since half of broadband users have cable
modems,
| but I can't find anything :-/

Have a look at Microsoft Portrait (at
http://research.microsoft.com/~jiangli/portrait )
It's free and works really well!

Noël
http://webcam.kijk.info
(online from AM 9 till PM 9 CET)

jd
December 15th 03, 06:43 AM
you can try ivisit. ivisit.com

"Derek" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I am trying to find software that allows me to video chat with another
> individual with a cable modem. Most of the software I have found requires
> that certain ports be opened up. To my knowledge this can't be done for a
> cable connection.

anton
December 18th 03, 10:02 AM
EyeSpyFX Magellan has a chat feature...it is free for 60 days...then €30