PDA

View Full Version : Requirement?

dd
November 24th 03, 09:43 PM
What does the amount of fps depends on when capture from webcam?
Is it cpu? graphic card? Hardisk? What is bottleneck?

mike
November 25th 03, 07:17 AM
dd wrote:
> What does the amount of fps depends on when capture from webcam?
> Is it cpu? graphic card? Hardisk? What is bottleneck?

How would you expect to know that without knowing the throughput
of ALL those devices? The bottleneck is the one right behind the
one you just fixed.
On my 4.7 MHz XT, it's the 64K of system ram.
mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
Honda CB-125S
TEK Sampling Sweep Plugin and RM564
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser

dd
December 2nd 03, 08:20 PM
"mike" > wrote in message ...
> dd wrote:
> > What does the amount of fps depends on when capture from webcam?
> > Is it cpu? graphic card? Hardisk? What is bottleneck?
> >

> How would you expect to know that without knowing the throughput
> of ALL those devices? The bottleneck is the one right behind the
> one you just fixed.
> On my 4.7 MHz XT, it's the 64K of system ram.
> mike

:) well I understand why you answer like that, and from that point it was a
good answer.
But lets deside on 320*240 capture with 30fps and 24bit color.
Then im sure you dont need a 4,7ghz P6, and I bet you dont need raid 0 on
your SCSI harddrive.