PDA

View Full Version : What/where is the best online public video conference community? And a camera question.

November 17th 03, 03:41 AM
Where is the real buz with video conference today. If I want to conference with people just
in public where is the best to find a chat. I tried yahoo and it wasn't anywhere near close. Where are the best communities to out there?
I have 3-8 megabits so I want to find people that have a lot of bandwidth too. Also I don't have
a cam and was wondering if the logitech quickcam messenger has the same quaility as the
quickcam 4000 pro. According to logitech's web site the 4000pro has a digital zoom option as its extra. This seems
crazy since its just software anyway! The messenger is much cheaper but I was really hoping
that software had evolved a lot and that the internet community had too. If netmeeting was on
getting close to the right track I think now there might be something out there. I don't want to do
a one on one chat I just want to see some people check the technology like its a conference
and see really good audio and video for about maybe 4 people at a time. Chats that have any
more than 8 people or so would be pretty much impossible to follow if there is audio and video
..plus the technolgy couldn't handle it either. Anyone please whats going on in the world with
internet audio video and chatting?