PDA

View Full Version : Re: Need advice on 3Com HomeConnect software installation

tecra
November 16th 03, 05:42 AM
>I've found the ViCam 6858 driver on the web, which I understand is
> the latest, and a good bit newer than the one on the CD in the box.

I think the latest drivers and software for this cam is at ionetworks.com.
They call it a Watchport /V.
The two programs come in the driver file.

> It also looks like there is some outdated stuff on the CD, including
> Netmeeting 2, and some early versions of Webcam32, RealPlayer,
> Acrobat, and even IE5. But things like PictureWorks, and possibly
> ViViewer, look like they might be of some use.
>
> Could someone who has recently gone through this installation give
> me recommendations on what to install, or whether I really need
> anything from the CD at all? Will the installer on the CD give me
> the opportunity to select what to install, or does it just do
> everything?

workme
December 23rd 03, 11:52 AM
BEFORE you install the software/drivers UNPLUG the cam from your puter

after you have 6858 installed shutdown your puter plug in the 3Com
webcam

boot it up under Win98SE it is a A+++ cam

under XP Pro it is terrible C-

if anyone reading this has found GOOD drivers for XP please post url

Goo Luck

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:47:36 -0600, Peabody