PDA

View Full Version : Intel Easy PC Cam - hardware etc.

Russell Harper
November 14th 03, 10:06 PM
Win2K / USB

The technical specs indicate that the Intel Easy PC Cam has a CIF
resolution (352x288) sensor. Does that mean larger images are a result
of scaling this 352x288 image?

http://www.intel.com/pccamera/easypccamera/techspec.htm

Also, if the native image format is CIF, does this imply that the data
is sent in some common format as well? Can anyone recommend any links
that detail how to obtain these images directly?

The imaging application that comes with Win2K is okay to play with,
but it doesn't appear to have any automation capabilities. Also, it
scales and applies colour adjustments and I'd like to start with
unprocessed images.

Thanks for reading

Russell

Ken
November 16th 03, 10:45 AM
On 14 Nov 2003 14:06:18 -0800, (Russell
Harper) wrote:

> The technical specs indicate that the Intel Easy PC Cam has
> a CIF resolution (352x288) sensor. Does that mean larger
> images are a result of scaling this 352x288 image?

Yes. You can't get higer resolution,
only a bigger image (by software).