PDA

View Full Version : problem netmeeting between xp and 98

Kar
November 2nd 03, 04:43 PM
I used to be able to do netmeeting with my family but then my old computer
died and I got a new computer (Dell Dimension DIM 4600, Pentium (R)4 CPU
2.40 GHz using Windows XP professional version 2002) I have WinXP on my new
machine, and my family still has Windows 98 on theirs. I am
having trouble netmeeting with them.

If I initiate the call through messanger, I get an error message to say they
do not have the proper hardware, and they get a message to say they need XP.
If I initiate the meeting by calling them directly from the netmeeting
program by typing in their IP address, then when I tell it to call them,
it times out waiting for a response and nothing happens on their end.

If they initiate the meeting, everything looks to be loading in properly,
but I then get a message saying its waiting for a response from them, and
then it eventually times out.

Has anyone else encountered these problems? Has anyone been able to have a
net meeting between XP and Windows 98? Is so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Karen