PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is the 3com HomeConnect 3718 a good camera to get?

Marvin Rosen
October 24th 03, 12:36 PM
I purchased two, 3com webcams (#3718) from ebay.
A new one (no warranty) for $65 & a used
one for $45. Both of these cams work great.
My preference is to use the manual settings as
opposed to the "AUTO" mode. Send an email
to ionetworks & tell them what os you are using
& they will provide you with drivers to download.
Another cam that has similar results to the 3com but
not made as well is the Phillips Toucam Pro 740K.

"Peabody" > wrote in message
> I got a very strong recommendation on this camera from someone
> who runs a webcam site. He says it's the best consumer camera ever
> made, and he has four of them. Sharp pictures, even in low light (1
> lux).
>
> I've found some of these on Ebay, apparently new, and it looks like
> I might be able to get one for $100 or less.
>
> The problem is that the 3coms were discontinued, I think a couple
> years ago, which means there is no warranty (also offered "as is" on
> Ebay). Then there is also the question of support, even something
> as simple as XP drivers (I'm running 98SE now, but will upgrade
> soon).
>
> The specs on this look wonderful. Does anyone have experience with
> these cameras, including experinece under XP? Is there a comparable
> camera still being manufactured that I should also look at?
> Basically, would the 3com be a wise purchase?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2760623530&catego
> ry=4616

October 26th 03, 07:22 PM
Great cam, works well under XP. Would recomment.

--

"After the formation of a large army in the wake of the establishment of the
state, we will abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine "

-Israeli founding father Ben Gurion

http://www.memeticcandiru.com