PDA

View Full Version : what camera?

Linea Recta
October 10th 03, 08:28 PM
I'm interested in a reasonably good digital camera (2 megapixel). Are there
models in this segment which can also act as webcam?

- Windows 2000
- USB & Firewire ports

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Lothar
October 11th 03, 09:47 PM
In article >,
"Linea Recta" > wrote:

> I'm interested in a reasonably good digital camera (2 megapixel). Are there
> models in this segment which can also act as webcam?
>
> - Windows 2000
> - USB & Firewire ports

Fuji's are good and can act as a webcam. Not sure if it's usb or
firewire, or just what.

SLayER
October 12th 03, 09:25 AM
ive had 2 fuji cameras......
lucky for me i have a normal battery recharger as these cameras eat
batteries....

they only work as a webcam using the cameras battery power...so dont expect
a long life using it that way....

and the quality of the webcam image is not that good either....

i would suggest buying a pc cam.. from creative....

the better model you get the better the quality will be... and the
batteries last longer than a second or two...

i had a pc cam 300 .. and when i come to replace the fuji im using now...
ill get the 800 from pc cam..

regards slayer

"Lothar" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Linea Recta" > wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in a reasonably good digital camera (2 megapixel). Are
there
> > models in this segment which can also act as webcam?
> >
> > - Windows 2000
> > - USB & Firewire ports
>
> Fuji's are good and can act as a webcam. Not sure if it's usb or
> firewire, or just what.

Linea Recta
October 16th 03, 10:50 PM
"SLayER" > schreef in bericht
> ive had 2 fuji cameras......
> lucky for me i have a normal battery recharger as these cameras eat
> batteries....
>
> they only work as a webcam using the cameras battery power...so dont
expect
> a long life using it that way....

Why would Fuji do that? Using batteries for a webcam through USB? I thought
USB devices got power through USB... So you can't use the webcam option for
extended time...?

> and the quality of the webcam image is not that good either....
>
> i would suggest buying a pc cam.. from creative....
>
> the better model you get the better the quality will be... and the
> batteries last longer than a second or two...

I'm hoping to get a USB powered webcam.
BTW, I noticed some models have a built in microphone. Where does this
connect? An extra connection of the soundcard?

> i had a pc cam 300 .. and when i come to replace the fuji im using now...
> ill get the 800 from pc cam..

I suppose it's better to get a seperate digital camera then...

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

> "Lothar" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Linea Recta" > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm interested in a reasonably good digital camera (2 megapixel). Are
> there
> > > models in this segment which can also act as webcam?
> > >
> > > - Windows 2000
> > > - USB & Firewire ports
> >
> > Fuji's are good and can act as a webcam. Not sure if it's usb or
> > firewire, or just what.

SLayER
October 23rd 03, 06:02 AM
yeah i wasnt impressed with the camera using its own power for usb use.....

my niece bought a newer fuji model than i have and it was the same....

so i dont recommend them...

i still rate the pc cam from creative.....the quality on the webcam side
cannot be beaten in my opinion...

good luck

regards slayer

"Linea Recta" > wrote in message
> "SLayER" > schreef in bericht
> > ive had 2 fuji cameras......
> > lucky for me i have a normal battery recharger as these cameras eat
> > batteries....
> >
> > they only work as a webcam using the cameras battery power...so dont
> expect
> > a long life using it that way....
>
> Why would Fuji do that? Using batteries for a webcam through USB? I
thought
> USB devices got power through USB... So you can't use the webcam option
for
> extended time...?
>

> > and the quality of the webcam image is not that good either....
> >
> > i would suggest buying a pc cam.. from creative....
> >
> > the better model you get the better the quality will be... and the
> > batteries last longer than a second or two...
>
> I'm hoping to get a USB powered webcam.
> BTW, I noticed some models have a built in microphone. Where does this
> connect? An extra connection of the soundcard?
>

> > i had a pc cam 300 .. and when i come to replace the fuji im using
now...
> > ill get the 800 from pc cam..
>
> I suppose it's better to get a seperate digital camera then...
>

> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os
>

> > "Lothar" > wrote in message

Are
> > there

> > > Fuji's are good and can act as a webcam. Not sure if it's usb or
> > > firewire, or just what.

Gymmie Bob
October 26th 03, 03:47 AM
Pentax Optio line batteries last about a week or more with regular usage per
charge. I have owned 3 other models previously. Awesome camera except now I
want VGA movies too.