PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Pan/Tilt/Zoom SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera

Electro
October 9th 03, 09:02 PM
http://www.viewcam.co.uk/

Featuring an American Dynamics SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera.

Continuous 360 degree pan.
105 degree tilt range (this dome can look up, unlike other dome cameras)
23x optical zoom with a 8x digital magnifier.
Shutter speeds as low as 2/3 for stunning low-light performance.
I/R mode, enabling the camera to see Infrared light that is invisible to the
human eye.
96 presets (note: presets only available during daylight hours on this
demonstration)

Take the camera for a test drive at your leisure!

--
-Dave

www.electrocam.co.uk
ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.

Ian McGregor
October 19th 03, 12:16 PM
Very nice , but how do your neighbours opposite feel about being under
constant web surveillance?

"Electro" > wrote in message
> http://www.viewcam.co.uk/
>
> Featuring an American Dynamics SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera.
>
> Continuous 360 degree pan.
> 105 degree tilt range (this dome can look up, unlike other dome cameras)
> 23x optical zoom with a 8x digital magnifier.
> Shutter speeds as low as 2/3 for stunning low-light performance.
> I/R mode, enabling the camera to see Infrared light that is invisible to
the
> human eye.
> 96 presets (note: presets only available during daylight hours on this
> demonstration)
>
> Take the camera for a test drive at your leisure!
>
> --
> -Dave
>
> www.electrocam.co.uk
> ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.

---

Lothar
October 19th 03, 04:15 PM
It's not inside the neighbour's home is it? We're observed constantly.
Go to the bank and back and you've been capture countless times.
Privacy isn't a right in public.

In article >,
"Ian McGregor" > wrote:

> Very nice , but how do your neighbours opposite feel about being under
> constant web surveillance?
>

> "Electro" > wrote in message
> > http://www.viewcam.co.uk/
> >
> > Featuring an American Dynamics SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera.
> >
> > Continuous 360 degree pan.
> > 105 degree tilt range (this dome can look up, unlike other dome cameras)
> > 23x optical zoom with a 8x digital magnifier.
> > Shutter speeds as low as 2/3 for stunning low-light performance.
> > I/R mode, enabling the camera to see Infrared light that is invisible to
> the
> > human eye.
> > 96 presets (note: presets only available during daylight hours on this
> > demonstration)
> >
> > Take the camera for a test drive at your leisure!
> >
> > --
> > -Dave
> >
> > www.electrocam.co.uk
> > ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.
> >

> ---

John T Maguire
October 19th 03, 11:46 PM
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:15:59 -0500, Lothar >
wrote:

>It's not inside the neighbour's home is it? We're observed constantly.
>Go to the bank and back and you've been capture countless times.
>Privacy isn't a right in public.
>
>In article >,
> "Ian McGregor" > wrote:
>
>> Very nice , but how do your neighbours opposite feel about being under
>> constant web surveillance?

They have the legal and moral right to their privacy, their
house is _not_ a public place. They can sue you and win, and
with your arrogant attitude I rather hope they do,

--
John T Maguire, Kennebunkport
Mutley's Page; http://216.71.134.230/MUTLEYS/MUTLEY.HTM

Lothar
October 20th 03, 01:39 AM
In article >,
John T Maguire > wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:15:59 -0500, Lothar >
> wrote:
>
> >It's not inside the neighbour's home is it? We're observed constantly.
> >Go to the bank and back and you've been capture countless times.
> >Privacy isn't a right in public.
> >
> >In article >,
> > "Ian McGregor" > wrote:
> >
> >> Very nice , but how do your neighbours opposite feel about being under
> >> constant web surveillance?
>
> They have the legal and moral right to their privacy, their
> house is _not_ a public place. They can sue you and win, and
> with your arrogant attitude I rather hope they do,

ok, we're bottom posting on this one.

They have their privacy. No one is observing them in private. But you
really must understand the difference between 'public' and 'private'.
The viewing of the outside of their home is not a violation of privacy.
It may be viewed by anyone. I can drive by and take pictures if I want
to. Maybe I'll learn something about landscaping ...

As far as them sueing me. I'd like to see them try, since i have
nothing to do with this cam or the website. I'm just someone who
disagrees with you and chimed in. But even the cam owner is quite safe,
legally and morally. It all comes down to understanding the
difference between public and private.

I find it interesting that you say I have an arrogant attitude. You
could be accused of that from your post. Do you acuse everyone of
arrogance when they firmly state an opinion that you disagree with?

John T Maguire
October 20th 03, 02:02 AM
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:43:32 GMT,
(Si Ballenger) wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:46:44 GMT, John T Maguire
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:15:59 -0500, Lothar >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>It's not inside the neighbour's home is it? We're observed constantly.
>>>Go to the bank and back and you've been capture countless times.
>>>Privacy isn't a right in public.

>>They have the legal and moral right to their privacy, their
>>house is _not_ a public place. They can sue you and win, and
>>with your arrogant attitude I rather hope they do,
>
>So back that up with a law or statute. Sorry, but you are just
>passing gas on this issue.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997

--
John T Maguire, Kennebunkport
Mutley's Page; http://216.71.134.230/MUTLEYS/MUTLEY.HTM
The Maine Webcams Network; http://www.maine-webcams.net
Maine Photography; http://www.port-gifts.com/

Electro
October 21st 03, 11:56 AM
Wow, didn't mean to cause a flame war!!

I work through the night most nights, I consider this camera to be the
ultimate tool for neighbourhood watch and crime detection. I have a phone
right here and I am not afraid to start recording what the camera sees onto
video tape and call the authorities should I spot any strange activity at
any time.

I would use the cameras privacy blanking option, but the camera is not
securely mounted in the window and has a tendency to drift off course, and
that means the blanked out zones don't align with the supposed blanked area
anymore.

Frankly there is nothing to see in this neighbourhood in terms of private
goings on. people have window netting, people have curtains, its instinct
to draw the curtains at night.

Only yesterday, at night, I noticed a fire in the forest in the distant, I
switched the camera to InfraRed mode to confirm this, and there was a LOT of
heat coming from the hill, even the clouds were glowing with heat. I called
the non-urgent phone number to report what I had seen, luckily the fire
crews were already battling the blaze. That was 6 acres of forest up in
flames that night.

--

"Electro" > wrote in message
> http://www.viewcam.co.uk/
>
> Featuring an American Dynamics SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera.
>
> Continuous 360 degree pan.
> 105 degree tilt range (this dome can look up, unlike other dome cameras)
> 23x optical zoom with a 8x digital magnifier.
> Shutter speeds as low as 2/3 for stunning low-light performance.
> I/R mode, enabling the camera to see Infrared light that is invisible to
the
> human eye.
> 96 presets (note: presets only available during daylight hours on this
> demonstration)
>
> Take the camera for a test drive at your leisure!
>
> --
> -Dave
>
> www.electrocam.co.uk
> ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.

Velvet
October 21st 03, 04:48 PM
Electro wrote:
> Wow, didn't mean to cause a flame war!!
>
> I work through the night most nights, I consider this camera to be the
> ultimate tool for neighbourhood watch and crime detection. I have a phone
> right here and I am not afraid to start recording what the camera sees onto
> video tape and call the authorities should I spot any strange activity at
> any time.
>
> I would use the cameras privacy blanking option, but the camera is not
> securely mounted in the window and has a tendency to drift off course, and
> that means the blanked out zones don't align with the supposed blanked area
> anymore.
>
> Frankly there is nothing to see in this neighbourhood in terms of private
> goings on. people have window netting, people have curtains, its instinct
> to draw the curtains at night.
>
> Only yesterday, at night, I noticed a fire in the forest in the distant, I
> switched the camera to InfraRed mode to confirm this, and there was a LOT of
> heat coming from the hill, even the clouds were glowing with heat. I called
> the non-urgent phone number to report what I had seen, luckily the fire
> crews were already battling the blaze. That was 6 acres of forest up in
> flames that night.
>
> --
> -Dave
>
> www.electrocam.co.uk
> ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.
>
> "Electro" > wrote in message
>
>>http://www.viewcam.co.uk/
>>
>>Featuring an American Dynamics SpeedDome VI CCTV Dome Camera.
>>
>>Continuous 360 degree pan.
>>105 degree tilt range (this dome can look up, unlike other dome cameras)
>>23x optical zoom with a 8x digital magnifier.
>>Shutter speeds as low as 2/3 for stunning low-light performance.
>>I/R mode, enabling the camera to see Infrared light that is invisible to
>
> the
>
>>human eye.
>>96 presets (note: presets only available during daylight hours on this
>>demonstration)
>>
>>Take the camera for a test drive at your leisure!
>>
>>--
>>-Dave
>>
>>www.electrocam.co.uk
>>ElectroCam :: Don't just look, look around.

I have a cam set up (traditional cctv type) for security after thefts
from my front garden. It's carefully angled so it sees only my
property, and the road beyond. I looked into the rules for this before
I got it, and unless you're a business/commercial premises (this
pertains to the UK/England ONLY) you can point the camera where you
like, so long as it's attached to your property.

Obviously, if your neighbours feel it's being used not for security but
to impinge on their privacy there may be issues with that - but when I
spoke to mine to let them know what I was doing and where it could
see/couldn't see, they were fine and seem to appreciate it covering
where they park their car.

Provided you can avoid recording/viewing neighbours property if they ask
by means of a mask, careful positioning, or other means, I can't see
there's a problem at all. Certainly use in public areas (road,
footpath, etc) is no different to the cctv in city centres these days.
I do think there's a certain level of responsibility regarding
neighbours though, even though this isn't set out in law, it's just good
practice.

Velvet