From: Harry Forsdick )
Subject: Questions about Panasonic KX-HCM10 Network Camera
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Date: 2001-12-20 07:17:59 PST

I just sent the attached message to Panasonic support. I thought that
people who read this newsgroup might also have an answer. Please
include my email address explicitly in any replies as I would like to
get this answer as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Harry

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:02:10 -0500
To: ,
From: Harry Forsdick >

I have just purchased a KX-HCM10 Network Camera and it is a great
product. The first true Internet appliance I have come across.

I am interested in using this application as component of a larger
system. In order for me to do this, I need to be able to include the
ActiveX component on a web page of my own design. I have tried to
make use of the ActiveX component that appears on the standard camera
viewer page, but I can't seem to get it to work. Here is what I
tried:

I tried to include on my web page, the following HTML code:
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:2E28242B-A689-11D4-80F2-0040266CBB8D
codeBase=kxhcm10.ocx#Version=1,2,0,19 height=240 id=kxhcm10 width=320>
<PARAM NAME="ImageWidth" VALUE="320">
<PARAM NAME="ImageHeight" VALUE="240">
<PARAM NAME="ImagePath"
VALUE="http://[ip_address]/?Resolution=320x240&amp;Quality=Standard">
</OBJECT>

I store this file in the same directory as the kxhcm10.ocx ActiveX
file.

Something is obviously wrong because all I see on the screen is the
message "KX-HCM10 OCX Loading..." and then nothing else happens.

Can you tell me how to do what I want to do?

Thanks,

Harry