PDA

View Full Version : Help with capture card

Rock
September 4th 03, 01:29 AM
Hi,

I have a Leadtech WinFast XP 2000 card and it captues fine using their
PVR program but I want to use it with my security cam programs
ConquerCam or Homewatcher.

It has worked in those program before and still does sometimes but other
times it says that the driver is busy etc. It is a pain trying to get it
going.

The Winfast brings in a Wizard into the tray where one can access its
programs and maybe this is taking the drivers?

How can I make sure the drivers are used for the program I want it ?

Thanks,

John

Rock
September 4th 03, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys..

Yes I have had to reboot and mess around as I wasn't sure about thet
Wizard and whether 'it' grabbed the capture driver and when unloaded it
took it with it.

This what i have just found.

If I unload the Wizard from the tray as soon as I reboot then open one
camera s/w, I am able to select the Winfast driver and get it going okay.

See, on this rig I have 2 cameras. One is a Creative WebCam 5 using USB
and one is a Swann Security camera.

The USB uses a motion detect program called ConquerCam with the Creative
cap driver, whilst the other camera uses the Winfast capture driver with
a program called Homewatcher.

As long as both cap drivers are free I can get them both going.

Still I admit I'm edging about having to exit them and restart them in
case I can't grab the Winfast driver again.

There is one problem and that is one camera, (Swann cmos security
camera)has strange vertical, lines down the whole photo.. Thin black and
yellow lines.

I can see the pix especially from ashort distance, but close up I can
see the lines very clearly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rock

Rock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Leadtech WinFast XP 2000 card and it captues fine using their
> PVR program but I want to use it with my security cam programs
> ConquerCam or Homewatcher.
>
> It has worked in those program before and still does sometimes but other
> times it says that the driver is busy etc. It is a pain trying to get it
> going.
>
> The Winfast brings in a Wizard into the tray where one can access its
> programs and maybe this is taking the drivers?
>
> How can I make sure the drivers are used for the program I want it ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

SLayER
September 4th 03, 01:32 PM
"Rock" > wrote in message ...
> Thanks guys..
>
> Yes I have had to reboot and mess around as I wasn't sure about thet
> Wizard and whether 'it' grabbed the capture driver and when unloaded it
> took it with it.
>
> This what i have just found.
>
> If I unload the Wizard from the tray as soon as I reboot then open one
> camera s/w, I am able to select the Winfast driver and get it going okay.
>
> See, on this rig I have 2 cameras. One is a Creative WebCam 5 using USB
> and one is a Swann Security camera.
>
> The USB uses a motion detect program called ConquerCam with the Creative
> cap driver, whilst the other camera uses the Winfast capture driver with
> a program called Homewatcher.
>
> As long as both cap drivers are free I can get them both going.
>
> Still I admit I'm edging about having to exit them and restart them in
> case I can't grab the Winfast driver again.
>
> There is one problem and that is one camera, (Swann cmos security
> camera)has strange vertical, lines down the whole photo.. Thin black and
> yellow lines.
>
> I can see the pix especially from ashort distance, but close up I can
> see the lines very clearly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rock
>

> Rock wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Leadtech WinFast XP 2000 card and it captues fine using their
> > PVR program but I want to use it with my security cam programs
> > ConquerCam or Homewatcher.
> >
> > It has worked in those program before and still does sometimes but other
> > times it says that the driver is busy etc. It is a pain trying to get it
> > going.
> >
> > The Winfast brings in a Wizard into the tray where one can access its
> > programs and maybe this is taking the drivers?
> >
> > How can I make sure the drivers are used for the program I want it ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John

those lines sound like some sort of interference .....possibly anyway....try
moving the cam somewhere where there is no other electrical devices....

check the wires dont run next to any other wires as they can pick up
interference too..

also try the camera on a different pc if you can see if that changes
things...(if you can )

maybe its something on the system itself.... also check the power supply to
the camera ..

well you never know..

a case of trial and error untill you find the problem..

keep us informed..

regards slayer