PDA

View Full Version : multiple cameras to one computer

Bob Kaare
September 2nd 03, 09:32 AM
Hello experts,

Is there a way to connect multiple (12) USB-cameras to one computer?
I would want each of them to record for five minutes, preferrably
simultaneously, and then save to disk for later use.

My computer has 6 usb ports, so obviously I'll need some hub or other
device.

Bob Kaare

SLayER
September 2nd 03, 08:59 PM
"Bob Kaare" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello experts,
>
> Is there a way to connect multiple (12) USB-cameras to one computer?
> I would want each of them to record for five minutes, preferrably
> simultaneously, and then save to disk for later use.
>
> My computer has 6 usb ports, so obviously I'll need some hub or other
> device.
>
> Bob Kaare

you will have a major driver problem.....but saying that if you get software
that cans witch between these cams then you might be cooking...

only problem i can forsee is if some of these cams want to use the windows
driver then yu will encounter problems...

not sure about recording simultaneaously...i dont think that would work
without a seperate "splitter" type card where yu can use normal cameras
rather than usb...

anyway,, try here for some goos switching software......only records on
motion and manually....

http://www.uk-software.com/ see if this does what yu want...

of course its not free,,,,,, but then again if you want to try it you have a
short period for testing....

im sure some one in here will come up with a simple solution......

another one to try is campanel....which i mentioned in an earlier
thread.....

http://www.pantiltcam.com/TCamWeb/campanelsummary.htm

i use this software for my four cams..(not all usb )

let me know how you get on.....and if you find some really good cheap
software report the finding back to the people in here and we will try it
too....

regards slayer