PDA

View Full Version : Hauppage WinTV GO - NO GO....HELP!!!

Patrick Cook
August 7th 03, 05:45 AM
Hi everyone:

Dunno if there's a more appropriate newsgroup to post this, but this seems
to be close enough so here goes.....

Recently I swapped out my old ATI TV Wonder TV Tuner card for a Hauppage
WinTV GO card that a lot of people were raving about on the 'net (though
this WAS NOT the only reason I did this).

However, for some oddball reason that TOTALLY escapes me, I can get a clear
picture OK, but THE ONLY way I can get ANY audio AT ALL is if I use the MIC
IN of my SoundBlaster PCI 512. Problem is, it's EXTREMELY loud and has
noise.

Efforts to contact the company via email have failed (either they don't
respond to emails sent to or their mail server is
down and they have NO IDEA that it *is* down). I've tried using regular
email as well as the website. Two emails bounced and a third just
"disappeared".

I currently don't have long distance, so I can't call the company either.
:(

The CD that came with the card ALSO didn't support AutoPlay so I actually to
MANUALLY install EACH set of drivers seperately. I had downloaded (and
ultimately installed) the latest drivers from the Hauppage website in
preparation so that I would have the latest drivers right off the bat.

My system is as follows......

Desktop Computer
Windows XP Home Edition
1.0 GHZ AMD Duron CPU
512 MB RAM
30 GB C:\ Drive with 80 GB D:\ Drive
DirectX 9.0b (the latest version released this past month)
The VERY latest WinTV GO drivers from Hauppage

I **NEVER** had this kind of trouble with my ATI TV Wonder card and am
perplexed as to WHY I'm having such difficulties with WinTV GO. I just
don't get it. :(

Can ANYONE help?? Does ANYONE have an answer??

I loof forward to any replies :-)

Cheers for now :-)

Patrick Cook

Denver, Colorado

---

Patrick Cook
August 7th 03, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone:

"Roy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > Efforts to contact the company via email have failed (either they don't
> > respond to emails sent to or their mail server
is
> > down and they have NO IDEA that it *is* down). I've tried using regular
> > email as well as the website. Two emails bounced and a third just
> > "disappeared".
> >
> It appears that you have misspelled the address it should be

Maybe so, but NOW I've got video and audio sounding the way it should, but I
can't capture audio (I get video just fine depending on the codec I'm
using). My system doesn't use the Windows Volume Control/Mixer as the
SoundBlaster 512 has its own mixer.

Any ideas as to what I need to do to correct this?

Patrick

---

Roy
August 7th 03, 11:31 AM
In article >,
says...

> Make sure that in your mixer recording properties that the input for the
> Card is not muted.

Sorry I meant to say make sure that the appropriate input in the
recording properties is selected.

--
Roy

Patrick Cook
August 7th 03, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone:

"Roy" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> .com
> >
> > Maybe so, but NOW I've got video and audio sounding the way it should,
but I
> > can't capture audio (I get video just fine depending on the codec I'm
> > using). My system doesn't use the Windows Volume Control/Mixer as the
> > SoundBlaster 512 has its own mixer.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what I need to do to correct this?
> >
> Make sure that in your mixer recording properties that the input for the
> Card is not muted.

Sure enough, this was the case. *DOH!*

Now I look FOOLISH... :-} heheheh *LOL!*

Patrick

---