PDA

View Full Version : Axis 2100 or D-Link DCS-1000W

Me At Home
August 4th 03, 09:30 AM
Hi All,

As a new father working away from home I would like to install a network
camera. I have an ADSL connection at 512/246KB and a wireless router which
supports port forwarding via its integrated firewall.

As such and with cost an issue I have come down to two products the Axis
2100 and D-Link DCS01000W. Both have their + points and both have their -
points.

I like the fact that the Axis 2100 is Linux based and seems to have a good
development base, I also like the fact that the D-Link is cheaper ;-)

Does anyone have any views on these products or any alternates?

Dave

Joe Wilson
August 12th 03, 11:07 PM
What did you decide on?

I'm in the same situation as you with the baby room. I'm leaning towards
the Axis...any other solutions out there that I've missed?

Joe...

"Me At Home" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> As a new father working away from home I would like to install a network
> camera. I have an ADSL connection at 512/246KB and a wireless router which
> supports port forwarding via its integrated firewall.
>
> As such and with cost an issue I have come down to two products the Axis
> 2100 and D-Link DCS01000W. Both have their + points and both have their -
> points.
>
> I like the fact that the Axis 2100 is Linux based and seems to have a good
> development base, I also like the fact that the D-Link is cheaper ;-)
>
> Does anyone have any views on these products or any alternates?
>
> Dave

Me At Home
August 14th 03, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I went for the Axis 2100, quite expensive but performs very very well in
most light conditions and was fairly simple to setup via wireless.

A tip once the IP is assigned switch off BOOTP/DHCP as these seemed to
prehibit the camera from functioning if the router weas rebooted.

Dave