PDA

View Full Version : Re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger

Ted
July 25th 03, 11:28 PM
"Jeff S" > wrote in message
> I purchased a Logitech QuickCam Messenger, and am having trouble getting
it
> to work properly with my internet connection. After installing it, I
can't
> access the internet through this computer anymore. Here is my config:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> MSI KT3 Ultra (VIA KT333 chipset)
> 512 MB RAM
> Windows XP SP1
>
> I'm connected to the internet through a D-Link 604 router. After
installing
> the ImageStudio software, the internet stops working on this computer but
> works fine on my two other systems that are hooked up to the same
> router/connection. Restoring my computer to the original configuration
using
> WinXP System Restore fixes the internet, but then obviously the camera
> drivers and software are gone, so I can't use the camera. The camera
itself
> works when the drivers and software are installed, but what good is it
when
> I can't access the internet... any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

I have exactly the same problem using Windows XP SP1 and the Logitech
QuickCam Pro 4000. I have a Dell 8250 PC (Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, Intel(R)
PRO/100 M integrated network card, Intel 850E system chip set), cable modem,
McAfee VirusScan, Zone Alarm. After installation of the QuickCam software,
my internet connection no longer works. The only way to get it back is with
a Windows XP System Restore. I've tried other webcam brands, with the same
result.

Let me know if you come up with anything. This has had me stumped for
months.

Ted

Exray
July 27th 03, 02:21 AM
Ted, I hate to tell you this....I have XP Pro/SP1 and the same camera you
have.

I was involved in a Yahoo IM chat at the time I was unpacking the camera. I
stuck the camera into a usb port during this conversation, and the XP
quickly told me that it'd found a QuickCam Pro 4000. I clicked the "invite
to view my webcam" and as soon as he accepted, there was a picture of me
going out to him.

I haven't been able to send pictures at faster than about one frame per
second, even to another computer running on the same router as mine
uses...surely my setup of the router is at fault. The camera has been
flawless with XP, though.

Ted wrote:
| | Intel(R)
| | | modem,
| | | software,
| | | with
| | | same
| | | |
| | | |
| |
| | "Jeff S" > wrote in message
| | | I fixed everything by reformatting... not the most clever way to
| | | do it,
| | but
| | | it did the job. My damn webcam finally works without kicking me
| | | off the internet...
| | |
| | | I guess it was some software/setting installed before that was
| | conflicting?
| | | The webcam worked perfectly on the first try on my other two
| | | systems...
| | just
| | | this one that was giving me trouble.
| | |
| |
| | Do you mean you fixed the problem by reformatting yourhard drive,
| | re-installing Windows XP, etc.? If so, did you install the webcam
| | software first, then configure your internet connection? Or was it
| | the other way around?
| |