PDA

View Full Version : Re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger (update)

Jeff S
July 23rd 03, 04:06 AM
Couple of points to add... I also have installed:
VIA Hyperion 4in1 v4.48
VIA USB Filter 1.1

but these don't seem to fix it.

Also, I tried plugging my computer directly into my DSL modem (bypassing the
router), but it doesn't seem to help. It tells me I'm connected through
PPPoE, but then nothing (IE. e-mail, MSN, etc.) will actually work.

"Jeff S" > wrote in message
> I purchased a Logitech QuickCam Messenger, and am having trouble getting
it
> to work properly with my internet connection. After installing it, I
can't
> access the internet through this computer anymore. Here is my config:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> MSI KT3 Ultra (VIA KT333 chipset)
> 512 MB RAM
> Windows XP SP1
>
> I'm connected to the internet through a D-Link 604 router. After
installing
> the ImageStudio software, the internet stops working on this computer but
> works fine on my two other systems that are hooked up to the same
> router/connection. Restoring my computer to the original configuration
using
> WinXP System Restore fixes the internet, but then obviously the camera
> drivers and software are gone, so I can't use the camera. The camera
itself
> works when the drivers and software are installed, but what good is it
when
> I can't access the internet... any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Jim
July 23rd 03, 04:37 PM
Try plugging it in without the software installed (or uninstall the software
first). This worked with my Logitech Pro3000 ... XP has a driver for it.

Jim

"Jeff S" > wrote in message
.. .
> Couple of points to add... I also have installed:
> VIA Hyperion 4in1 v4.48
> VIA USB Filter 1.1
>
> but these don't seem to fix it.
>

> Also, I tried plugging my computer directly into my DSL modem (bypassing
the
> router), but it doesn't seem to help. It tells me I'm connected through
> PPPoE, but then nothing (IE. e-mail, MSN, etc.) will actually work.
>
> "Jeff S" > wrote in message
> > I purchased a Logitech QuickCam Messenger, and am having trouble getting
> it
> > to work properly with my internet connection. After installing it, I
> can't
> > access the internet through this computer anymore. Here is my config:
> >
> > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> > MSI KT3 Ultra (VIA KT333 chipset)
> > 512 MB RAM
> > Windows XP SP1
> >
> > I'm connected to the internet through a D-Link 604 router. After
> installing
> > the ImageStudio software, the internet stops working on this computer
but
> > works fine on my two other systems that are hooked up to the same
> > router/connection. Restoring my computer to the original configuration
> using
> > WinXP System Restore fixes the internet, but then obviously the camera
> > drivers and software are gone, so I can't use the camera. The camera
> itself
> > works when the drivers and software are installed, but what good is it
> when
> > I can't access the internet... any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks

Jeff S
July 24th 03, 03:34 AM
Jim,
What is the driver for your Logitech Pro 3000 called? XP doesn't find any
built in drivers for my QuickCam Messenger...

I tried installing the drivers off the CD without ImageStudio, and the
problem still comes up. So it looks like the conflict is with the driver
rather than ImageStudio. However, I'm not sure what to do from here.

"Jim" > wrote in message
> Try plugging it in without the software installed (or uninstall the
software
> first). This worked with my Logitech Pro3000 ... XP has a driver for it.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jeff S" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Couple of points to add... I also have installed:
> > VIA Hyperion 4in1 v4.48
> > VIA USB Filter 1.1
> >
> > but these don't seem to fix it.
> >

> > Also, I tried plugging my computer directly into my DSL modem (bypassing
> the
> > router), but it doesn't seem to help. It tells me I'm connected through
> > PPPoE, but then nothing (IE. e-mail, MSN, etc.) will actually work.
> >
> > "Jeff S" > wrote in message
> > > I purchased a Logitech QuickCam Messenger, and am having trouble
getting
> > it
> > > to work properly with my internet connection. After installing it, I
> > can't
> > > access the internet through this computer anymore. Here is my config:
> > >
> > > AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> > > MSI KT3 Ultra (VIA KT333 chipset)
> > > 512 MB RAM
> > > Windows XP SP1
> > >
> > > I'm connected to the internet through a D-Link 604 router. After
> > installing
> > > the ImageStudio software, the internet stops working on this computer
> but
> > > works fine on my two other systems that are hooked up to the same
> > > router/connection. Restoring my computer to the original configuration
> > using
> > > WinXP System Restore fixes the internet, but then obviously the camera
> > > drivers and software are gone, so I can't use the camera. The camera
> > itself
> > > works when the drivers and software are installed, but what good is it
> > when
> > > I can't access the internet... any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks

Jeff S
July 24th 03, 10:28 PM
Hmm, it looks like I can't use the QuickCam Express driver with my
camera... the only one that works is the set on the CD - which then
messes up my internet on this computer.