PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Quickcam Pro4000

Rick Dancer
July 15th 03, 03:47 AM
I am having very minimal luck getting this unit to work.

I am running XP,AMD Athlon 2100, with Creative Audigy and have upgraded to
MSN 6. I have reinstalled the software, so now, with a lot of messing about
exchanging invites, I can get bi-directional video, but no audio.

If I run the MSN Wizard, all works OK.

I am webacm video conferencing with another user with XP Home, MSN 6 and a
Logitech Quickcam Pro4000.

Any assistance would be appreciated, else this unit goes in the trash.

fandango
July 15th 03, 05:31 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:47:17 -0400, "Rick Dancer"
> wrote:

>I am having very minimal luck getting this unit to work.
>
>I am running XP,AMD Athlon 2100, with Creative Audigy and have upgraded to
>MSN 6. I have reinstalled the software, so now, with a lot of messing about
>exchanging invites, I can get bi-directional video, but no audio.
>
>If I run the MSN Wizard, all works OK.
>
>I am webacm video conferencing with another user with XP Home, MSN 6 and a
>Logitech Quickcam Pro4000.
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated, else this unit goes in the trash.

I heard some Beta releases of MSN didnt have fully operational audio
capabillity. I wouldnt throw out your webcam just yet! I have the same
camera and it seems to work fine with other pieces of software. The
official release of MSN messenger 6 is only a few days away, get all
your chat friends to try it with that version.

Bob Horvath
July 16th 03, 12:19 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:47:17 -0400, "Rick Dancer"
> wrote:

>I am having very minimal luck getting this unit to work.
>
>I am running XP,AMD Athlon 2100, with Creative Audigy and have upgraded to
>MSN 6. I have reinstalled the software, so now, with a lot of messing about
>exchanging invites, I can get bi-directional video, but no audio.
>
>If I run the MSN Wizard, all works OK.
>
>I am webacm video conferencing with another user with XP Home, MSN 6 and a
>Logitech Quickcam Pro4000.
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated, else this unit goes in the trash.

I have the same camera and it works great with Instant Messenger, the
free Logitech Video Companio from Logitech site, and the mic is super
sensitive.
Bob

Rick Dancer
July 16th 03, 02:00 AM
I've tested the cam and the mic. All work OK except thru MSN. With Yahoo,
neither sound nor video worked.

Did you "plug & play" or did you have to tweek things?? If the latter, what
did you do??

PS. I tried with Video Companion, and still no audio, plus 2 picture windows
(separate). MSN6 put everything (video) together.
"Bob Horvath" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:47:17 -0400, "Rick Dancer"
> > wrote:
>
> >I am having very minimal luck getting this unit to work.
> >
> >I am running XP,AMD Athlon 2100, with Creative Audigy and have upgraded
> >MSN 6. I have reinstalled the software, so now, with a lot of messing
about
> >exchanging invites, I can get bi-directional video, but no audio.
> >
> >If I run the MSN Wizard, all works OK.
> >
> >I am webacm video conferencing with another user with XP Home, MSN 6 and
> >Logitech Quickcam Pro4000.
> >
> >Any assistance would be appreciated, else this unit goes in the trash.
> >

> I have the same camera and it works great with Instant Messenger, the
> free Logitech Video Companio from Logitech site, and the mic is super
> sensitive.
> Bob

Rick Dancer
July 17th 03, 08:51 PM
Thanks all .... I managed to get the Logitech working. Hopefully I can
repeat.

I enabled UPnP on the Linksys router and in XP.

If anybody is interested:

Control Panel; Add or Remove Programs; Add/Remove Windows Components; scroll
down and click on Networking Services, then click on the Details; When the
"Networking Services" window opens, check the option for Internet Gateway
Device Discovery and Control Client, then check the option for Universal
Plug and Play.

I also turned off the XP firewall, but after it was working, I turned it
back on with no detrimental effects.